Frequently Asked Questions
Wickham Community Centre will always be pleased to answer any of your questions by email or 'phone. To save you time, we have listed some of the most common questions asked by our Centre users.What is included in the room hire price?
- Tables and chairs are included in the room hire price and will be set up to your prefered layout.
- Cups and saucers can be provided free of charge (Please kindly wash up everything that you use)
- The room will be dismantled and cleaned for you.
You can pay by card at reception or either BACS, Cheque or Cash.
If you do wish to pay by cheque please make it out to "W.C.A" or "Wickham Community Association" or if you want to pay by BACS our details are Acc: 03329411 Sc: 30-93-17Get in touch »
Unfortunately, you cannot bring alcohol into the Centre. However, if there was a special wine that you wanted to bring in, for perhaps a toast, this would be permitted but a corkage charge of £5 per bottle would be levied. We do have a static and mobile bar available for events, with prices that are surprisingly competitive.
Nevertheless, always talk to us first to discuss your specific requirement.Get in touch »
Not only can you bring in your own prepared food for an event but you can even appoint your own caterer! Please call us to discuss further as there is a charge for the use of the main kitchen.Get in touch »
In the first instance, call the Centre to get immediate availability. If the room you want is occupied we will offer the next suitable alternative.
If you have booked a room for a succession of dates and, for whatever reason, we have to move you another room you will always be given a better room but at the originally agreed price.Get in touch »
Yes you can....the only limits to decoration is your imagination – but please respect the building!
Don’t drill holes or put nails into the walls. Speak to our caretakers who will be only too happy to help you with any fixings.
At the end of your event we ask that you remove and take away with you any decorations that you want to keep. Our caretakers are very good at cleaning up afterwards, so we cannot guarantee that any precious items will be kept.Get in touch »
You may supply your own catering or we can source a trusted catererGet in touch »
We understand that sometimes things change and your booking will need to be amended, changed, or even, cancelled.
To amend or change your booking there is no penalty.
Cancellations will incur the following room hire charges:
- Full refunds will be given for functions cancelled with a minimum of 14 days' notice.
- Cancellations under 14 days and no less than 48 hours notice will receive a 50% part refund of the hire charge.
- Full hire charge will be payable if organisers give less than 48 hours notice to cancel the event, or do not turn up on the day.
- WCA reserves the right to cancel any booking at its absolute discretion. In the event of a cancellation, no liability will be accepted for loss incurred and no compensation will be payable to the hirer or any other person in such cancellation.
Yes, there is free car parking for 130 vehicles to the front, rear and side of the building. All parking areas surrounding the Centre are monitored by CCTV surveillance. The parking facilities are at your own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to vehicles.Get in touch »
The entire ground floor is on one level, without thresholds, making wheelchair access very easy. There is also an automatic front door accessible; a lift to the first floor function room; disabled toilet facilities; and a hearing loop.Get in touch »
Get in touch »
Latest NewsSummer venue for hire at Wickham community centre 20-05-2022
New Kitchen! 19-05-2022